Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

2012 is finally here. My wife and I were certainly blessed in 2011. We had a chance to go on a Mediterranean cruise, and my new nephew was brought into the world just before Christmas. At the same time, 2011 was a year that we were sorely tested. Income dropped severely, while at the same time expenses went up. I was diagnosed with diabetes in September, and in November, my wife suffered a pulmonary embolism and spent a few days in the hospital.

2011 is now behind us, and I am looking forward to 2012. I have a feeling this is going to be my year, and nothing is going to stand in my way. If I find anything in my way, I will find a way around, over, or through it.

I've set myself some ambitious goals as far as writing. This year, I plan on writing 10-12 short stories and novelettes, 3 or 4 novellas, and to get two of my novels re-written and edited.

I know this will take a lot of my time, but I know that I can do it. 2012 is going to be my year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a bad time in 2011. I really do hope 2012 is on your side. Good luck with all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I know that 2012 will be a much better year. I really plan on taking this year by the throat, and making it mine. You've probably heard the phrase "carpe diem", well, my motto for this year is going to be "carpe annum", seize the year.

    ReplyDelete